Psychoanalytic Explorations at IPSS
IPSS invites practitioners of psychiatry, psychology, social work and psychoanalysis to participate in a series of papers prepared and discussed by members of the IPSS community. These papers reflect our theoretical niche which centers on self psychology, intersubjectivity, and dynamic systems theory, while also embracing neuroscience, infant research, classical psychoanalysis, and other relational theories.
Come listen, learn, and share your views with us.
Stay tuned for information about registration for our other events!
- IPSS SUPER EXPLORATIONS and 2nd OPEN HOUSE!
- EXCLUSIVE Psychoanalytic Explorations for IPSS Community! Join Us for a Conversation between IPSS candidate, Paul Sireci, LCSW, & Jill Gentile, Ph.D, faculty
- IPSS Explorations! Thursday, January 14th, 2021, 8-9:30pm, “Phobogensis: Fanon’s Critical Contribution To Understanding The Psychodynamics Of Race” presented by Steven H. Knoblauch, Ph.D.
- IPSS EXPLORATIONS! Thursday, November 12th, 2020, 8-9:30pm – Emily Kuriloff, Psy.D’s WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BABY’S HEAD: Between Victim and Victimizer. Deborah Sherman, BC-DMT, LMHC – Discussant
- Explorations! “A Battle Cry for Our Moment – Revisiting the Two Analyses of Mr. Z” presented by Jenny Kaufmann, Ph.D. and Peter Kaufmann, Ph.D. Discussant: Heather Ferguson, LCSW. Thursday, September 24, 2020, 8:00pm-9:30pm.
- IPSS EXPLORATIONS! Thursday January 16th, 8-9:30pm Mission Impossible: Transformation and Imagination; An Eyes open AND shut case
- IPSS EXPLORATIONS! Thursday November 7th, 8-9:30pm Nicki Nicholas Nicole, Sam Samuel Samantha: Playing Intersubjectively on the Transgender Edge.
- IPSS EXPLORATIONS! Thursday September 26th, 2019 8-9:30pm – On Being A Psychoanalyst Who Also Does Asylum Work: A Consideration of Their Mutual Effects.
- IPSS Explorations! Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 8:00 – 9:30pm, Janna Sandmeyer, Ph.D.’s “Understanding Homophobia in our Forefathers: Rethinking How Kohut Actually Worked” Chuck Finlon, LCSW, Discussant.
- IPSS Explorations! Thursday, January 17th, 2019, 8:00 – 9:30pm, Jenna Davino, LCSW’s “#MeToo — Connection and the Implicit Dimension of Change: Treating an Adolescent Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse.” Beatrice Beebe, Ph.D, Discussant.