Psychoanalytic Explorations at IPSS
IPSS invites practitioners of psychiatry, psychology, social work and psychoanalysis to participate in a series of papers prepared and discussed by members of the IPSS community.
These papers reflect our theoretical niche which centers on self psychology, intersubjectivity, and dynamic systems theory, while also embracing neuroscience, infant research, classical psychoanalysis, and other relational theories.
Come listen, learn, and share your views with us.
- IPSS Explorations! Thursday, March 23rd, 2017, 8:00 – 9:30 “Psychoanalysis, Free Speech, and the Female Body.” Jill Gentile, Ph.D. in conversation with Katie Gentile, Ph.D.
- IPSS EXPLORATIONS! Thursday, April 13th, 2016, 8:00 – 9:30pm. “Dreaming as a Portal to Witnessing.” Heather Ferguson, LCSW. Peter Kaufamann, Ph.D. Discussant
- SUPER EXPLORATIONS! Saturday, May 13th, 2017. “The Frank and Judy Show” starring Frank Lachmann, Ph.D. and Judith Guss Teicholz, Ph.D.
Stay tuned for information about registration for our other events!
- Thursday, January 22, 2015 – Explorations! “Complexity, Substance Misuse, and Harm Reduction Psychotherapy.” Presented by D. Bradley Jones, Psy.D. Discussant: Andrew Tatarsky, Ph.D, Founder of The Center for Optimal Living, NYC.
- Thursday, November 20, 2014 – Explorations! Live supervision with Frank Lachmann, Ph.D.
- January 15, 2014 – LIVE SUPERVISION with Anna Ornstein, MD, & Ruth Burtman, PhD
- November 21, 2013 – Judith Rustin’s “Infant Research & Neuroscience at Work in Psychotherapy: Expanding the Clinical Repertoire”